Important Tips Provided by Top Chicagoland Movers
Posted on: October 6, 2017 |
If you’ve never experienced a move before or it’s been years since you last moved, you might need a refresher on how to make the overall experience easier and more enjoyable. Thanks to tips provided by top Chicagoland movers, you can better prepare for your move.
- Excellent Planning – The first tip offered by Chicagoland movers is that you should start getting organized at least two to three months out if possible. By giving yourself time, you will not feel rushed. Good planning also helps you devise a plan that will streamline the overall move. If you feel this is something that you cannot handle on your own, a professional moving company can assist in this area.
- Children – Moving without having small children is stressful enough, but then when you have little ones running around, the process becomes more intense and chaotic. To help the situation, have a friend or family member watch any babies and toddlers. For children from about five and up, get them involved. By letting them pack certain items, mark numbers on the boxes, pull things out of the cabinets, and so on, they become a part of the solution. You will find that instead of feeding off your stress, your children become more relaxed.
- Pets – Chicagoland movers also remind people to take special precautions when moving with pets. To start with, make sure that your animals have updated If crossing a state line, get the appropriate health certificate from your vet. Also, during the packing phase, keep your pets in an isolated room with a blanket, food, and water. On the day of the move, always tether dogs and crate other animals for safety reasons. For instance, if you get into an accident in which first responders open the doors of your vehicle, any risk of your animals escaping diminishes substantially.
- Medication – Other than regular over-the-counter products like acetaminophen, antacids, antibiotic cream, and so on, pack everything else in a plastic zippered bag and transport it in your vehicle. Not only does this prevent your medication from getting lost, but you also have easy access to it when you need it.
- Personal Documentation – As explained by the best Chicagoland movers, you also want to take important documentation with you as opposed to packing it in a box. Included should be immunization records, bank statements, marriage or divorce papers, mortgage documents, and visas and passports, among others.