Selecting a Moving Company in Palatine, IL and Beyond
Posted on: May 14, 2018 |
There are so many moving companies, all with a variety of moving services. How can you select a moving company in Palatine, IL and beyond without feeling overwhelmed?
Following the suggestions below, you’ll be able to separate the good from those that aren’t so good, and you’ll identify the mover in Palatine, IL that best matches your needs. Consider these qualifications as critical factors to help you make your selection.
- Accurate Estimating – Request an estimate from a moving company with estimators who will thoroughly inventory your goods before providing you with a quote. After reviewing several quotes, select the company that offers you a binding estimate, as opposed to non-binding, which will guarantee, for the most part, the price that’s been quoted. The final amount that becomes due when the move is completed may be slightly higher or lower, but you can expect it to be close to what they quoted.
- Company Reputation – Comments that previous customers have posted online about a company can mean a lot. Read reviews to determine the caliber of service and level of integrity. Take the time to do an online search of the company, review client feedback.
- History – An experienced moving company in Palatine, Illinois will likely do a better job than a newer, less-experienced company. Time brings valuable lessons and improved services. Choose a company with a solid history.
- Licensed by D.O.T. – Verify the required licensing by looking at information from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Services – Some companies offer a range of transportation and add-on services. You might select from packing, furniture installation, storage, or vehicle transport. Know what you’ll need when comparing services. Ask questions and be sure the company can provide what you need.
- Insurance Coverage – Besides basic liability coverage, you may want to choose a moving company that can offer full-replacement insurance protection, meaning that the company would have to reimburse you for a lost or damaged item the full price you would pay in today’s market, if it had to be replaced.
- Communication – Communication with your moving specialist matters. You should be shown the utmost respect and be willing to answer any and all questions regarding your move.
Consider the above suggestions when looking for a moving company and you can have confidence that you’ve selected the best movers to handle your relocation. Call Advantage Moving & Storage for your free estimate today!